All applicants must have commercially released the entered work between 13 August 2018 & 31 July 2019.
All applicants must have at least 50% of their band members residing in South Australia or they must identify and promote themselves as being South Australian. All applicants should be registered with APRA AMCOS.
All entered works must be original compositions.
- People’s Choice Awards: the work entered must be a singular song. Only one song can be entered per artist. Please note the ‘Peoples Choice’ Award is subject to public voting and not industry-voted. Any Artist or Band that engages in a negative campaign or incites hate speech or harassment to gain votes will be disqualified. Any obvious data corruption to gain votes will also be disqualified.
- Best Solo Artist and Best Group: the work entered must contain at least 2 original different tracks.
- Best Song: the work entered must be a singular song and will be the selected track for the award.
- Best Release: the work entered must be a singular release (album or single) and will be the selected release for the award.
- Best New Artist: the work entered must be the first single or a subsequent single lifted from the artist’s first EP/album.
- Best Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Artist: the applicant must have at least 50% of it’s members identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Best Festival/Event: the event must have taken place during the eligible period and must contain a line-up of at least 10% South Australian music.
- Best Manager: the manager must have been active during the eligible period and have a current management contract in place.
- Best Music Venue: the venue must offer live original music for at least 80% of its entertainment.
- Best Studio: the studio must be located in South Australia and primarily used for recording music.
- Best Live Engineer: the engineer must reside in South Australia. Only those working in the live sector are considered eligible.
- Best Studio Engineer: the engineer must reside in South Australia. Only those working in a studio environment are considered eligible.
- Best Cover Art: the designer/artist/photographer must reside in South Australia, but the musical artist can be from anywhere in the world.
- Best Music Video: the director must reside in South Australia, but the musical artist can be from anywhere in the world.